The post of Solicitor will normally have a focus in one of the following areas, in this case Licensing and Regulatory Services, but may be required to work across areas:
- Provision of the Litigation and Social Care Service including representation of the Council in Court and Tribunals etc.
- Provision of the Licensing and Regulatory Service including acting as Depute Clerk to the Licensing Board and Legal Adviser to the Licensing Committee.
- Provision of the Property and Contracts Service.
It will also involve:
- Provision of legal advice to Committees, Members and Officers of the Council both written and verbal.
- Co-operation with other solicitors and assisting in the provision of support and training for Paralegals.
- Undertaking such other duties as may from time to time be allocated.