An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Disease Solicitor to join DAC Beachcroft’s Claims Solutions Group in Glasgow. Although our office is in Glasgow, home and flexible working in an option and we welcome applications from across Scotland.
The successful candidate:
- A legal executive or solicitor with a keen interest and proven ability in disease claims.
- Up to 2 years’ experience in handling disease claims at a litigated stage.
- Be able to build good relationships within the team and also with our commercial/insurer client.
- Be able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
- An ability to adopt a commercial (or pragmatic) perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues.
- Be team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
- You will be working in a team of around 5 fee earners who work exclusively on defended claims. The team is within a wider office that handles a variety of claims and legal issues.
- Your case load will be made up of pre litigated industrial disease claims. The team handles a broad profile of cases including Noise Induced Hearing Loss (""NIHL") asbestos related injuries, Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome ("HAVS") and claims involving the Control of Hazardous Substance Regulations ("COSHH"). You may also be asked to assist our more senior lawyers on more complex disease cases
- You will work for a mixture of insurer clients and self-insured companies which instruct us directly.
We are delighted to offer our employees a good remuneration package which includes private medical insurance, life insurance and a bonus scheme amongst other benefits. In addition to this we provide employees with an environment that promotes professional progression and development alongside a healthy work life balance.