Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Assisting and deputising for the Principal Solicitor – Planning in the following:
- Providing legal advice and clerking services to the Planning Application Committees and the Planning Review Body
- Providing legal advice and support to the Development and Infrastructure Service (Planning) in the exercise of their functions under the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997 and related acts/regulations
- Providing legal advice and support to the Review Body Admin Team in the exercise of their functions under the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997 and related regulations
- Defending planning appeals when the Planning Applications Committees refuse applications contrary to officer recommendation
- Representing the Council and/or instruct Counsel/external solicitors in Electricity Act Inquires and planning appeals where inquiry or hearing sessions are held
- Drafting and concluding agreements made under s75 of the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997
- Providing advice to elected members
- Advising on the requirements of the Councillors’ Code of Conduct and associated guidance, Standing Orders for the Conduct of Meetings and the Scheme of Delegation
- Ensuring continuous service improvement and efficiency
The post holder may be required to undertake any other duties appropriate to the level of the post. Duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time.
Travel will be necessary to undertake the role
Please APPLY ONLINE. If you are unable to apply online and you wish to request an offline application pack, please contact Business Support, tel: 01463 702088 (during office hours) quoting post the reference HGH07940.