Solicitor, Glasgow City Centre
Our client are looking to strengthen their Disease team in Glasgow and currently have an opportunity for a Solicitor with experience in this field. This role presents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and commercially minded individual to join a progressive and highly specialised team.
• Handling an extensive caseload of defendant clinical disease claims on individuals. This will involve drafting pleadings, witness statements and letters of response, instructing experts and counsel, conducting negotiations and mediation of claims as well as preparing counter schedules.
• Acting as first and primary point of contact for clients on a day to day basis providing them with commercially focused legal advice and reports.
• Adhering closely to client protocol and process, using our bespoke case management system.
• Making an appropriate contribution to non fee-earning activity e.g. knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, and business development.
• Writing articles for publication both for in-house and external publications.
• Solicitors disease or clinical negligence experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong technical skill and an ability to understand and work through complex issues.
• A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be highly client- focused.
• Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues building up strong relationships
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.
Please fill in the form, upload your CV to complete your application. You will also register during this process to enable you to log in track you application and setup Job Alerts.