FWA is delighted to be exclusively partnering with sportscotland for the recruitment of an interim Senior Legal Officer within its Glasgow based office. This is a rare opportunity to work in Scotland’s national agency for sport in a busy role offering an interesting variety and range of work. The contract is initially for 18 months.
The role will involve:
• Providing assistance and advice on legal, contract, legislative and compliance issues arising across the business, ensuring appropriate processes, procedures and conditions of award are in place to protect the business interests (financial or otherwise) and compliance with regulations, government guidelines and legislation
• Undertaking the role of Company Secretary for the Scottish Sports Council Trust Company
• Supporting the sports facilities investment process by carrying out legal reviews for all potential sports facilities investment projects
• Providing guidance to the Legal and Procurement Administrator on specific legal projects that they are supporting
• Managing the corporate Complaints process, ensuring matters are responded to appropriately and in a timely fashion
• Managing the FOI process, ensuring requests are responded to appropriately and in a timely fashion
• Providing any other ad-hoc legal and compliance assistance as required
The ideal candidate will be a qualified solicitor with post qualification experience, an up to date practising certificate and membership of the Law Society of Scotland. Experience in commercial contracts and a keen interest in sports would be beneficial. If this role interests you, please contact Cameron or Teddie on 01294 850501 for an initial and confidential discussion. (Assignment 11271)
Please fill in the form, upload your CV to complete your application. You will also register during this process to enable you to log in track you application and setup Job Alerts.