We have a fantastic opportunity for a Paralegal to join our thriving Real Estate team in Edinburgh. This role would suit someone with 3-4 years property paralegal experience.
Our Edinburgh Real Estate team acts for a global blue chip client base with a specific focus on corporate occupiers, real estate development, major institutional investors, real estate finance and energy and infrastructure.
You will be an important member of our Volume Services team within our Real Estate practice group and will have a particular focus on Equity Release, acting for a number of the main providers of equity release mortgages.
You will also assist the wider real estate team with estate management-related workstreams and support the team on major projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Acting for Equity Release lenders and working closely with our volume services team based in Cardiff to process cases via a case management system. In particular you will:
- Drafting and negotiating a range of transactional documents including renunciations, extensions, variations and licences, sales and acquisitions;
- Undertaking, reviewing and reporting on search results, title investigation and negotiated documents;
- Undertaking completions and managing the post-completion aspects of transactions, including preparing LBTT Returns and making applications to the Land Register of Scotland;
- Liaising with colleagues, external solicitors and clients.
Skills and experience:
You will be a committed team player with excellent communication and organisational skills – working to deadlines will be key to your role. You will have strong technical skills and excellent academic qualifications and be able to demonstrate your aptitude and attitude to delivering excellent service.
Experience of the following is desirable:
At Eversheds Sutherland, we recognise that having diverse talent across our business brings many benefits, and we are committed to accessing a wide range of views and thinking in all that we do. A culture of inclusion, where each person feels able to be their true self at work and reach their full potential is key. We recognise that bringing together the perspectives of individuals of all backgrounds, life experiences, preferences and beliefs is critical if we are to serve our global client base, people and communities as a leading global legal practice.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments to enable participation in the recruitment process, please contact us so that we can discuss how to best to assist.
We are open to considering flexible working options for our vacancies. Whilst we are not able to offer flexible working across all of our roles, many of our people work flexibly in some way, and we would encourage you to talk to us about this during the hiring process if you would like to explore further.
We are an LGBT+ inclusive employer and are Stonewall Corporate Champions.