Legal Counsel, Runcorn
Eden Scott are delighted to be working with their client based in Runcorn in the recruitment of Legal Counsel.
As Legal Counsel you will be responsible for all operational UK legal matters. Including -
* Corporate and strategic legal advice and development of region specific requirements for the legal function and monitoring their effective implementation.
* Particular focus on contract law.
* Proactive advisory on all relevant legal operational issues and anticipation of future legal developments with relevance for the business of the Division
* Legal Risk Management
* Contribution to the achievement of business goals in compliance with all applicable law and to the prevention of sanctions and reputational damages through early identification of legal risks
* Development of a Division-specific strategy and alignment of legal advice and design of the legal function
* Managing critical contractual relationships and negotiations with customers and suppliers as well as other legal or claim proceedings
* Contract review and Legal support in tender procedures for risk-mitigation
* Legal trainings and develops legal training schedules for the management and employees within the Division
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
? Fully qualified lawyer with UK bar admission (English and/or Scottish law) and a minimum of 5 years specific professional experience (PQE and including work experience with an international law firm).
? Operational experience in the legal function of an industry corporation especially in commercial law matters, negotiations, contractual design as well as project management in legal transactions
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal are essential.
For more information on this or other similar roles please send your CV in the first instance or contact Sarah on 0141 410 1028.
Please fill in the form, upload your CV to complete your application. You will also register during this process to enable you to log in track you application and setup Job Alerts.