Our Legal Support Centre in Bucharest, Romania (“LSC”) comprises 24 bright and commercially-aware legal professionals from 11 different nationalities who provide legal and contractual support to our business in Europe & Africa.
We are looking for a Scottish Trainee Solicitor to join the LSC, who we can train and develop to be resourceful and a well-rounded legal professional for a long-term career within our company.
Successfully completing this traineeship will result in you qualifying as a Scottish solicitor and having the opportunity to transfer internationally as a member of our Legal Department.
Key responsibilities and duties for this role include:
- Providing legal support to the Schlumberger Legal Counsels based in Europe and Africa under the supervision of the LSC Legal & Compliance Team Lead. The work will cover a variety of legal matters including contracts review and drafting (both client and supplier contracts), regulatory compliance, implementation of the company’s ethics and compliance program, labor issues, legal knowledge management, disputes and litigation, IP and corporate legal tasks
- Assisting the LSC Manager to implement workflows, processes, procedures, practices, guidelines, playbooks and templates
- Participating in the Legal Department training and development initiatives and completing all assigned trainings including the required 60 hours of Trainee Continuing Professional Development (TCPD)
- Participating in assigned Legal Department Management strategic initiatives
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) - Scots Law
- Diploma in Legal Practice
- The ability to obtain an Entrance Certificate 4 weeks in advance of the commencement of the traineeship
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate comfortably at all levels within the organization and across borders
- An ability to work both on own initiative and within a team in an open-plan and dynamic environment
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with the ability to pro-actively organize and prioritize a heavy workload and demonstrate excellent analytical abilities
- Fluency in another language is a strong plus
- Technologically literate and comfortable with Microsoft Office
- Experience of working within an in-house legal team or in private practice whilst preferred, is not essential
Closing date for applications 31 July 2019
All interested candidates should send their CV’s with a short covering letter to David Cargill.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.