To assist the existing, in-house, legal/contracts team in managing, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of contracts for the business. This is a new legal and commercial role to support increasing legal and contractual requirements of the business.
Duties and responsibilities associated with the role include:
- Assisting the Head of Legal and Senior Legal Advisor in training on, and monitoring compliance with, the company’s contract review and approval procedure
- Instructing and managing external lawyers on complex or specialist legal matters
- Assisting in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of client and supply chain contracts and providing redline recommendations and comments which are consistent with company policy
- Assisting in researching and providing ad hoc contractual and legal advice to staff as required
- Support in developing and overseeing a central database of contracts
- Building good working relationship with staff, external legal advisors and clients
- Supporting the existing legal team in ensuring that contracts contain obligations and liabilities which are ethical, acceptable (with regard to the company’s acceptable risk profile) and consistent with company policy
- Assisting in delivery of legal, contracts or general commercial training as required
- Along with the Head of Legal and Senior Legal Advisor, acting as a key point of contact for company contractual and legal matters
- Advising on matters of contract and legal compliance and assisting with investigations into potential client complaints or concerns
- Assisting in giving advice to foreign offices and instructing foreign solicitors on contract positions and structures
- Demonstrating flexibility in supporting and promoting the role of the wider legal team
Qualifications and Experience
- Fully qualified solicitor with practising certificate
- Relevant post qualification experience within a contracts or commercial legal discipline
- Desire to strengthen commercial awareness
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise across the company at all levels where required
- Highly organised and detail orientated, with the ability to effectively influence and negotiate across all levels
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy to safeguard company’s interests whilst appreciating the client’s position and other commercial drivers
- Proactive in approach with the ability to demonstrate initiative and good judgment
Package offered will be dependent on qualifications and experience. We offer a positive working environment, relaxed in terms of dress code and some of our approaches, yet highly professional with excellent support mechanisms in place to develop your knowledge and career.
Further to salary, other benefits include;
- Generous holidays that increase with tenure
- Access to our Group Pension Plan
- Life Assurance, Critical Illness and Income Protection
- Elective benefits such as: Cycle to work scheme, Corporate Gym rates and Discounts at related companies
- Monthly catering
Ochil House: Ochil House is just off the A91 with easy access to M80 and M9 motorways. For those taking public transport the office is twenty minutes’ walk from Stirling train station. Further to this, we are next to The Peak sports complex offering; gym, pool, various courts/pitches, climbing wall amongst other things (why not take advantage of our corporate membership).
How to Apply
Please apply online by uploading your CV and cover letter; this should clearly set out why you are suitable for the role. Our software uses CV parsing technology, so please ensure that information extracted is correct before submitting your application.
Closing 10th May 2018, after the closing date this job description will no longer be available on our website therefore, please retain a copy for your records.
Natural Power reserves the right to remove this vacancy at any time.