Are you currently a senior family solicitor seeking a new opportunity to become an associate?
A new position for an experienced solicitor to join a genuinely friendly team in a supportive and professional environment has arisen in Edinburgh!
The successful candidate will handle their own caseload of purely private family law cases. As well as being comfortable running your own caseload, you will also be willing to work with the team on larger or more complex cases and mentor junior staff.
Responsibilities of the Family Associate / Solicitor role include:
- Advising on the legal consequences of marriage and civil partnership, aliment and financial provision on divorce and dissolution
- Advising on divorce and dissolution
- Advising on private child law including disputes about residence, contact and other s11 orders
- Taking instructions on behalf of clients and acting on these in an appropriate and timely manner, drafting documents, representing clients in court and in negotiation
- Providing advice on the available dispute resolution options and supporting clients in accessing those services
- The desirable candidate will have collaborative family law and mediation skills
If you are a proactive self-starter who is skilled at building enduring relationships with clients, then this could well be the role for you.
If this family law solicitor/associate role sounds like it could be of interest, please get in touch for a confidential and no-obligation discussion.
Alternatively, if this opportunity is not quite right for you, we have a strong variety of opportunities across the central belt, Dundee and Aberdeen - so please get in touch and update me as to your job search criteria.