Our Client is looking to recruit an Investments Funds Lawyer to provide advice principally to fund managers on the full range of their investment funds work, including fund structuring, formation and investment work with a focus on key sectors including real estate, energy, infrastructure, debt and buy-out funds.
The ideal candidate will have between 3-6 years’ pqe and will be able to support the team and have experience of advising on various matters relating to establishing and investing in investment funds. It will also be essential that the candidate enjoys business development.
Relevant experience will include:
- drafting constitutional documentation including limited partnership agreements, unit trust deeds and shareholder agreements;
- drafting and negotiating ancillary documentation such as management agreements and administration agreements;
- advising on carried interest arrangements;
- reviewing marketing material and conducting verification exercises;
- high level advice on UK financial regulation as it relates to investment funds (specifically a familiarity with AIFMD and the UK's financial promotion regime);
- negotiating fund documentation with investors and dealing with side letter requests;
- drafting LLP agreements in relation to setting up new managers;
- dealing with offshore law firms and administrators;
- reviewing fund documentation for institutional investors and preparing user friendly reports;
- negotiating with fund counsel when acting for investors (either as cornerstone investor or as a minority investor) and ideally when acting for UK pension funds; and
- discussing new funds with both start-up and experienced managers.
If this opportunity interests you, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Teddie or Frasia for an initial and confidential discussion. (Assignment 12508)