CPD Operations Officer (£29,069pa 40 hours pw)
It is an exciting time to join the Law Society of Scotland. We have an opportunity within the CPD Team for a Conference Producer, known internally as an Operations Officer who is experienced and commercially minded. The CPD and Training team is seeking a commercially minded conference organiser to work on a range of commercial conferences, seminars and courses alongside various teams and projects, that play a wider part within the success of the CPD team.
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Run all operational logistics for nominated conferences, seminars, training courses and online CPD courses
Actively participate and understand the involvement of each department involved in the conferences and seminars, to fully understand and take ownership
- Manage the busy CPD email inbox on allocated days, handling a broad range of customer service enquiries over a number of conferences/seminars
- Actively market the CPD programme. Show awareness of copy and content. Use appropriate traditional and digital channels (website, social etc)
- Set up and manage CPD microsites (inc. registration pages, back end processes, Joining Instructions, all delegate/speaker logistics)
- Manage all on the day logistics, including administrating Zoom/Teams; venue when face to face/hybrid; AV and video recording/narrowcasting, catering, print, speaker travel/accommodation and sponsorship arrangements.
- Contribute to Member Services Directorate key objectives and team ethos. Support wider Law Society aims and teams.
- Evaluate feedback to determine future improvements and share in discussions about how we improve
- Assist with CPD administrative duties as they arise
Key Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience or higher education in any of the following areas such as Event Management, Marketing or Business Studies, Project Management etc
- Digital skills (microsites, web editing, data management, back-end processes)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Organisational and customer-facing responsibilities
- Demonstrable experience of relationship management and/or partnership working
- Working calmy and effectively when under pressure
What we offer our employees?
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to support our colleague’s professional and personal needs. Some of these include:
- A hybrid working environment.
- Flexible working, to allow you to work around your lifestyle and commitments.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 30 days holiday a year after 5 years’ service
- A competitive pension provision scheme
- Excellent family friendly benefits
- Learning and Development opportunities to enhance your skills or through programmes leading to professional or academic qualification.
- Various health and wellbeing benefits such as confidential counselling services, bike to work scheme, eyecare, and offers on well-known brands through Edenred.
The Law Society of Scotland is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds. We hold an Investors in Diversity Award in recognition of our commitment to advance fairness, respect, equality, diversity, inclusion and engagement within our organisation and the Scottish legal sector. More information can be found on our Equality and Diversity page.
We are always on the look for new talent to join our incredible workforce. If you are looking for a new opportunity within the society, we would love to hear from you!
If this opportunity sounds like the one for you, click Apply now. No CV’s Please.
This vacancy will close at 12 noon on Wednesday 29th November 2023.