A highly reputable law firm specialising in providing exceptional legal services to clients in the field of property and infrastructure disputes. With a strong presence in Edinburgh, they have built a solid reputation for their expertise and have a successful track record. They are now seeking a skilled and motivated contentious construction senior solicitor to join their dynamic Property and Infrastructure Disputes team.
As a contentious construction senior solicitor, you will play a crucial role in the firm's Property and Infrastructure Disputes team, representing clients involved in complex construction disputes with a particular focus on the energy sector.
You will handle a wide range of contentious construction matters, including contract disputes, professional negligence claims, adjudications, and arbitrations. Your expertise and guidance will be vital in achieving favorable outcomes for the team's clients.
- Manage a caseload of contentious construction matters from inception to resolution, ensuring high-quality and efficient legal representation.
- Conduct thorough legal research, prepare legal opinions, and provide strategic advice to clients regarding construction-related disputes.
- Draft and review legal documentation, including pleadings, witness statements, and expert reports.
- Represent clients in dispute resolution proceedings, such as adjudications, arbitrations, mediations, and court hearings.
- Collaborate with colleagues and experts to develop effective case strategies and identify potential areas of settlement.
- Keep abreast of relevant legal developments and industry trends in construction law to provide accurate and up-to-date advice to clients.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with clients, demonstrating exceptional client service and understanding their specific needs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified solicitor with 3-6 years' post-qualification experience (PQE) in contentious construction law.
- Strong knowledge of construction law principles, contracts, and dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Proven experience handling a variety of construction disputes, including those related to major infrastructure projects.
- Excellent analytical, research, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to provide practical and commercially sound advice.
- Exceptional drafting and negotiation abilities, including the preparation of complex legal documentation.
- Strong advocacy skills, with experience representing clients in dispute resolution forums.
- Ability to manage a demanding workload, prioritise tasks, and meet deadlines effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain client relationships.
The firm will offer excellent ongoing training and progression as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are currently considering a new opportunity, please contact Melissa Tang at G2 Legal for a confidential discussion or please apply with an up to date CV. 0131 278 0000.