This firm currently has a new role for a construction solicitor to join its litigation team in Edinburgh. This team advises a full range of construction professionals, including employers (private and public), contractors, consultants and insurers on issues such as payment, final accounts, extensions of time, challenges to certifications and construction defects. This role would suit someone with at least 2 years’ PQE.
Your duties will include:
• Advise clients on rights and remedies.
• Draft pleadings/written submissions efficiently and accurately.
• Gather evidence and witness statements to support the client’s position; develop case strategies.
• Represent clients at court (including conducting proofs and debates) and adjudication and arbitration hearings.
• Instruct counsel speedily and accurately.
• Research and advise on various areas of disputes relating to all aspects of construction law including professional negligence claims.
• Take an active role in business development activities.
• Manage your workload competently, professionally, efficiently and cost effectively with minimum supervision to achieve client and firm objectives.
• Be pro-active in the financial control of all your own and team matters, including accurate time recording and prompt feeing.
• Contribute constructively to the work of other team members in the Litigation division and contribute to delivering technical training within the division.
• Keep up to date with case law and legislative changes with relevant law.
If this position interests you please get in touch with Cameron or Frasia for an initial and confidential discussion on 01294 850501. (Assignment 11299)
Please fill in the form, upload your CV to complete your application. You will also register during this process to enable you to log in track you application and setup Job Alerts.