Construction Litigation Solicitor | 3-6 PQE | Top international firm | Edinburgh
A top international law firm is seeking an associate to join the Contentious Construction team in Edinburgh.
- One of the largest firms in Scotland
- Top tier well established team
- Excellent career progression opportunity
- Strong focus on employee development
- Highly competitive salary
- Complex, high value and interesting work
- Full service advisory and dispute resolution service to clients across the construction industry
- Regularly involved in the most complex and high value construction disputes in Scotland.
- Advising on disputes in England and Wales and Northern Ireland for clients in both the public and private sector
- Clients include:
- You will be involved in a wide variety of work including contentious claims and insurance disputes
- Handling a variety of formal dispute proceedings including mediation, adjudication, litigation and arbitration
- Assisting senior team members with:
* Reviewing, analysing and providing opinions on construction contracts and supporting documentation
* Compiling evidence to analyse a factual position in a dispute
* Legal analysis of the client’s position
* Providing clients with strategic advice on the most appropriate and cost effective solution
* Drafting pleadings and submissions
* Negotiating settlements
* Appearing in court, mediation, adjudication and arbitration acting as an advocate or on behalf of the client
- Show enthusiasm for contentious construction work
- Adapt your communication style appropriately
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in dispute resolution
- The ability to work well autonomously as well as in a team
- Self-motivated and driven
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
T: 0161 509 5007
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.
Please fill in the form, upload your CV to complete your application. You will also register during this process to enable you to log in track you application and setup Job Alerts.