Eden Scott are working with their client, based in Edinburgh City Centre to recruit a Case Worker.
You will have an LLB or Law related degree/diploma in law and minimum of one year’s full time experience of immigration legal advice and representation, covering policy under the immigration rules.
The purpose of this position is -
- Undertake casework and manage a caseload up to level of OISC competence.
- To provide written and verbal representation, including advocacy in court, for clients seeking assistance in the Immigration law field in accordance with the OISC Code of Standards
- Preparation and management of applications to Home Office.
- To advise clients regarding procedure and practice.
You will -
Represent clients before immigration judges, in person or in writing as required, including preparation of cases.
2. Draft witness statements, skeleton arguments, representations and other complex documents and letters using word-processor.
Preparation and management of applications to the Home Office.
Ensure all contact with the client and any other action taken in respect of cases is recorded on attendance notes and regularly updated on the database.
Liaise with Immigration Authorities, other agencies, and groups as required.
Interview and advise clients regarding Immigration law, procedure, and practice. Provide guidance to clients on completion of documents.
Attend clients in prison and detention centres and surgeries on occasions where appropriate.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Sarah Gracie on 0141 410 1028.
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.
Please fill in the form, upload your CV to complete your application. You will also register during this process to enable you to log in track you application and setup Job Alerts.